Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Scouring & Devouring Omaha - Brix Midtown

This past Sunday my family and I met up for one of our favorite weekend family activity - Brunch. After reading about Brix's Midtown location starting to offer brunch on Sundays, we had to test it out for ourselves. 


We started with mimosas, coffee and a massive cinnamon roll. The mimosas were good offering both orange juice and grapefruit juice options. I've never been a huge fan of cinnamon rolls, and the one at Brix was really dry with huge chunks of brown sugar lining the roll walls. 


It took a long time for our food to come out, which I didn't mind because we weren't in a huge hurry. It was a little concerning since there weren't that many patrons dining while we were there. I ordered the Spanish Hash which sounded delicious, but was a troublesome in the execution. The hash brown bed had a almost plastic taste to it and there wasn't enough chorizo in my opinion. The dish was lukewarm by the time it hit the table. I noticed there wasn't any salt or pepper on the table and then when I hit the middle of my eggs there was a ton of salt. The pico de gallo was delicious though and by far the best part of the dish.  


My mom got the Rum Chata French Toast which was delicious and Cooper got the lobster jalapeño omelet, which of course he loved. My dad got the quiche which was a massive heap of eggs, mushroom and spinach. The quiche's consistency was exactly how it should be, a little runny but still rich.


Walking around Brix there really have an amazing selection of wines and liquors. If you've ever been out to the Village Pointe location you'll probably walk in and say, "Where are the wine dispensers?" but don't fret, they're still at the Midtown location, just stealthily hidden in the walls of wines. 


Like I said, Brix's liquor section is by far one of the best I've seen in town. I even found Four Roses on sale for $27 which I've never seen in Omaha before.


When you walk into the entrance off of Farnam street there's a checkout girl and an array of chilled beers and cheeses. Needless to say I think this Brix location is going to make all of their money in the summertime during Jazz on the Green. 


So while my dish wasn't all that great and our service was a little lackluster - I ordered coffee but didn't get any refills of coffee or water - I have every confidence that Brix will figure it out and establish themselves as a big Midtown contributor.

No comments:

Post a Comment