Monday, April 15, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Well, this is certainly a sad Monday with the events that happened in Boston. While we all send our thoughts and sympathies to the people and families who were affected by these tragic events, we ask you do whatever you can to help. What's done is done, and the only thing we can do now is help put the pieces back together. There's no need to spread hate and anger. 

Sorry for the late post today. A severe lack of motivation stopped most of my major weekend plans that didn't involve drinking or eating. Oh, well. Better late than never, right? So if you find yourself a little bored this Monday evening here are some internet links to keep you company.
  • Here's a roundup of the outfits worn at the renowned MTV movie awards which were last night. 
  • This is a beautiful article about Against Me! singer Laura Jane Grace/Tom Gable's first year as a transgendered woman. 
  • Have you guys checked out Maha's new website? It's actually super neat. 
  • So when I was trolling HBO Go this weekend in lieu of getting out of bed, I came across this movie called The Shape of Things. It's an odd little film, but it packs a hell of a punch in the end. When I found out it was originally a play, the story's quirkiness made a lot more sense. Needless to say, I think this play is going to be next on my reading list. 
  • This overcast weather only makes me want to eat soup. Maybe I'll try this delicious looking one before the weather turns warm... 
  • Watch this and laugh. Be sure to watch the Stephen Colbert one too, if you're from Nebraska you'll definitely giggle. 
  • Vulture put together the best thing ever, especially if you're a Paul Rudd fan. 
  • Uh, I need to make these scones for our next weekend brunch for suuuuure. 
  • This is my new favorite. 

Here's a little throwback to Kerry's Halloween costume in 2011, which has always been one of my absolute favorites - 


No comments:

Post a Comment