Monday, April 22, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Wasn't the weather yesterday such a tease? I even got to walk around without a coat on for a while. Breezy summer nights, where are you? Mommy wants to sit on the patio with a glass of wine and a good book. 

Looks like I'll have to wait another week for my wishes to come true. I swear to god if it snows one more time after what's predicted this week I'm moving. Enough wallowing. It's Monday after all. Here are some internet findings to help you ease into your work week - 
  • Over the past weekend, we were talking about personal theme songs. Songs that best exemplify our individual traits. This is Cooper's and this is mine. What's yours? 
  • I am so loving these photos from a women's summer art school in 1948
  • Remember how I went to that Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds concert at the beginning of the month? You can find his SXSW performance here and pretend like you were there too. 
  • Speaking of music festivals, here are 11 performances from Coachella that you need to watch now. 
  • There was a great article on our very own Filmstreams this weekend. It's so fantastic that we live in a city where we have these wonderful creative outlets. Also, how cute does Rachel look?! She's expecting twins this July!
  • I haven't gone down a Wikipedia wormhole in awhile, but there's nothing more indulgent than reading these peer-written articles. In case you have a few hours to spare, here are 10 of some of the weirdest Wikipedia articles out there. 
  • Harrison Ford was just on Jimmy Kimmel and I have to say, he was hilarious
  • I know summer is allegedly on it's way soon, but looking at all of these suits make me wish it was fall again...well almost. 
  • It's my goal to be able to do this some day that flawlessly. 
  • Uh, yeah this is adorable. 
  • Loving this ad. Wish we could do this in America.
We went to Block 16 this last Friday and the building across the street really caught my eye. I'm always amazed how this city still surprises me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment