Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday Jams #19

Welcome to Memorial Day weekend! We're definitely excited to get our day-drink on and party down over the next few days. Though, we're also pretty disappointed we won't be seeing Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings on Monday. Oh well. Summer fun will continue without her. Anyway, I've been in a real post-punk mood this week which I think will spill over into our driving journey down to Brownville today. Enjoy the long weekend and party hard bros!!



Echo & The Bunnymen - "Lips Like Sugar"
This is just a really lovely song that always puts me in a great mood. It's a song that makes me want to roll down all the windows and drive along a back highway like they did in movies in the '90's.



Pulp - "Common People"
There was this one Sunday night during the beginning of the year when I was out late at O'Leaver's because I didn't have to work the next day and this song came on. I was more than a few drinks in when a bunch of kids who just came from the OEA awards busted in. They immediately took over the jukebox and this Sunday night turned into a massive dance party (did you know the crowd at O'Leaver's are actually big Robyn fans?). It was such a randomly fun night and this song will never cease to make me wanna dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment