FRIDAY May 24
- The We And I is a story about a group of high schoolers from the Bronx and is directed by the amazing Michael Gondry. Do yourself a favor and watch the trailer, then go see this at, where else? Film Streams!
- Head to O'Leavers for a great show! The So-So Sailors play AND a play "Wu World Woo" is being shown, which is pretty cool and music from Electric Chamber Music accompanies the play.
- If you're looking for a new restaurant to try, head to West O and go to Louie's Wine Dive. If you like to try new wines, this place is for you. They have wine on tap! And I'm especially interested in their four flavors of bruschetta.
SATURDAY May 25
- We will be heading down to our favorite small town, Brownville, for their annual Spring Flea Market! This charming town is only about an hour away and we have been visiting at least once a year for the past few years, partly because our favorite used book store, The Antiquarium, moved into an old gymnasium a few years ago. This town is ADORABLE and we have written about it before. They have a store where you can be home made brooms, that are guaranteed to last a lifetime. We hope to see you down there!
- Thanks again, Film Streams! They have brought one of my favorite movies of all time, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, back to the big screen! Of course I own this on DVD, but it's just not the same. This is playing on both Saturday AND Sunday.
- Free admission to the Joslyn Museum goes into effect today. That's right, folks, from now on it is absolutely FREE to go to the Joslyn, not just Saturday mornings before noon, but every day.
- Petshop is having their monthly reading and book exchange. Three poets will be reading and attendees are encouraged to bring a book to exchange with a fellow attendee. A great way to get and give a new book.
- Uncle Jesse is in town! Well, John Stamos, and the Beach Boys, are in town. They will be playing together at the new River's Edge Park for a free show.
SUNDAY May 26
- This would be a great weekend to get down to the Henry Doorly Zoo. We are so, so lucky to have one of the best zoos in the world. Even if the weather is a little dreary, you can always go to the indoor displays, like the aquarium (my fave), the jungle, or the desert dome. Plus, the zoo has a new Komodo dragon on display!
- I LOVE seafood, and it can be hard to find good and inexpensive seafood in Omaha. Thankfully, we have a new seafood spot, Plank Seafood Provisions. I'm really excited to give this place a try and eat some tastes of the ocean.
- Of course, the Aksarben Farmer's Market is every Sunday. Pick up some yummy provisions for your Memorial Day cook out!
- As we are sure you all know, Arrested Development Season 4 gets put up on Netflix today! Have a viewing party with your friends, cuz none of you ain't gotta work in the morning.
MONDAY May 27
- We usually have some sort of barbecue on Memorial Day, but the weather may not allow that this year. It's always a fun day to cook out and sit out in what is usually warm weather, toss a frisbee, play some badminton. We will just have to see if this is all possible!
- I really, really, really hope that Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings at River's Edge Park does not get rained out. I love me some Sharon Jones and the last show she played here was amazing. Her voice sounds just like her recordings and she has an insane amount of energy.
P.S.: Chickens don't clap.