FRIDAY May 17
- I am a nerd so I have to admit I will definitely be seeing Star Trek Into Darkness in the theatres. Probably with my mom because Meghan made a disgusted face when I mentioned this movie.
- Apparently it's a movie weekend. Film Streams is showing an oldie (ish) but a goodie: The Squid and the Whale. I saw this movie at the The Ross when I was in college and it just brings me back...
- The Bancroft Street Market is having a "bicycle fashion show". We're not exactly sure what all it entails but our good friend is "modeling" (!!?!!) in the show, so gotta go!
- Aww, another great film! Film Streams does all of us another solid and is showing Wes Anderson's film Fantastic Mr. Fox.
- It will be a great day for some day drinking in some of Omaha's scuzziest's bars. Join this year's Spring Stumble and hop from dive bar to dive bar. Check out the schedule of bars here.
- I can't believe I haven't mentioned this: The Omaha Farmer's Markets started back up two weeks ago. Catch the market on Saturdays down at the Old Market.
- Aaaand, you can also go to the Farmer's Market on Sundays at Aksarben Village.
- Why not brighten up your home and plant some flowers or some seedlings you picked up at the market!
Have a great weekend, everyone!