FRIDAY May 31
- I always loved The Show is the Rainbow and now Darren King has another band, Touch People. They are playing tonight at O'Leavers with Malaikat Dan Singa and Last Good Tooth.
- I always have to be in a very specific mood to be able to go go a movie. However, I am REALLY excited about this new film, Frances Ha, showing at Film Streams. Just so you know, Mindy Kaling tweeted about the movied today: "Frances Ha is my favorite movie this year. Depicts female friendship in the most accurate & funny & loving way." So now I MUST see this movie.
SATURDAY June 1
- It's that time of year again that Taste of Omaha rolls around. Some of Omaha's favorite restaurants get together at Lewis & Clark Landing and dish out their culinary creations. We went last year and we will absolutely be gettin our grub on Saturday afternoon as well.
- Once again, Benson closes down its streets for the Benson Beer Fest. It's simple, pay $30.00, get unlimited beer from breweries all over. We almost wish we drank beer just so we could go.
- Don't forget to get your fresh veggies, bread, and flowers at the Omaha Farmer's Market.
SUNDAY June 2
- O'leavers is having a great show to end your weekend with! Simon Joyner & The Ghosts play with The So-So Sailors.
- If you missed Saturday's market you are still in luck! Head to Aksarben for their Sunday market. I usually go with my mom and Ollie and we get a macaron and a coffee and Jones Bros afterwards. It's a lovely, calming way to spend Sunday mornings.