Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday Jams #21

Hooray for the weekend! I've actually been on vacation for the past day and let me tell you it's been wonderful. Good God do I love getting away on a mini-vacation. So without further ado, here are your jams for this weekend (these are especially good road-tripping songs. Trust). 


Handsome Furs - "Heart of Iron"
This entire album will always remind me of trips to Minneapolis because for whatever reason, we end up listening to this and only this while in the Twin Cities. It's a relaxing album that makes navigating through the busy highways of Minneapolis more tolerable (Cooper and I might have a predilection for getting in squabbles while driving). You might recognize this voice, because it's also the voice behind Wolf Parade. Personally, I  prefer this project, but there's no use in splitting hairs because it's all great. 



Arcade Fire - "Keep the Car Running"
Well this should be an obviously choice since I'll be spending the better part of this weekend in a car. PUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment