Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Jams #22

Feliz Sabado! We've had a pretty busy Saturday so far preparing for our fancy wine & cheese party tonight. Our first stop was the Farmer's Market downtown where to our despair our favorite goat cheese  vendor was missing. But the show must go on. It looks like it should be a beautiful night so we're looking forward to spending it  outside with a few of our friends and a few jams. 


Portugal. The Man - "Evil Friends"
I'm not sure why this video is so creepy when the song is kind of fun (maybe my idea of "fun" is skewed). I've never been a huge Portugal. The Man fan mostly because I haven't spent much time with their music, but once I saw this album was produced by Danger Mouse my interest in it made more sense. 


Superchunk - "FOH"
Yet another band I never really got into was Superchunk. Again I don't really know why, I suppose I spent my formidable opinion making years listening to the likes of Saves the Day and Taking Back Sunday when I got into indie/pop-punk. Do I regret it? No, but I'm glad bands like Superchunk are still around making music giving me another opportunity to expand my musical preferences. Isn't this song super summery? Can't you just envision yourself at an outdoor show bopping along to this? Yes I said bopping, I feel 100 years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment