FRIDAY June 7
- First off, Benson First Friday celebrates its one year anniversary! I can't even believe they've been doing this for a year now and how much they've grown over that year. Hit up BFF for happy hour, art shows, and the OEAA showcase. And check out the OWH for an article about BFF (which includes a sweet picture of our friend Stephanie's show at Pet Shop)!
- If you didn't get enough beer at last week's event, well, you are in luck. The Omaha Beer Fest starts tonight and runs through Saturday.
- The Source Family opens at Film Streams.
SATURDAY June 8
- I can not believe it's already time for the Summer Arts Festival! This is one of my favorite events of the summer and gets bigger and bigger every year. Though I may not actually purchase too much at the show, it's always fun to look! Festival runs Friday through Sunday.
- Beer not your thing? Prefer to drink the nectar of the gods instead? (That's wine, by the way.) Check out the Village Pointe Wine Festival presented by Brix, happening both Friday and Saturday.
- I am INCREDIBLY excited about the new exhibit that opens at the Joslyn today. Renoir to Chagall: Paris and the Allure of Color has amazing art work depicting the City of Light from the impressionists.
- Get some delicious Italian grub at the annual Santa Lucia Festival, taking place at the Lewis and Clark Landing.
- I think we're all gonna need a little break after our busy Friday and Saturdays. It's the perfect day to head to the Farmer's Market and get your grocery shopping done, hit up brunch at your favorite place, and sleep in! I predict I will be doing at least one, if not all, of those things.
P.S. - This is what I'll be watching all weekend: