FRIDAY June 14
- You can find us at O'Leavers to watch Meghan's main squeeze Cooper Lakota Moon open for Cowboy Indian Bear and Hospital Ships. For only 5 bucks, this show's a steal!
- The College World Series starts today with a special concert to kick it all off with O.A.R
- I discovered Before Sunset and Before Sunrise in high school and my girlfriends and I watched them both many, many times. So I am really excited that Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke have reunited once again for Before Midnight. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere in Omaha that is showing it, but if you want to make a little road trip out of it, The Ross in Lincoln is showing it starting tonight!
- The actual ball games start today. If you don't get tickets to a game, you can always head down to NoDo and go to the beer tents, which is the best part of the CWS anyways, right?
- If you're looking for a little more excitement in a movie, Man of Steel just opened and got a pretty good review by the Omaha World Herald.
- Oh man, when we lived in Lincoln there was live Karaoke every Thursday with the amazing band Shit Hook. Tonight, Slowdown brings us back to our college days with live band karaoke with The Mother Dudes.
- Every so often the Bemis lets us see behind the scenes and go to the studios of the current artists in residence. Check it out from 1-4!
- Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there! Take the day to do something with your dad. Hit the links, drink a bud, grill some meat. You know, dad stuff.