FRIDAY June 21
- Get a little culta' (that's my saying culture in a North Eastern accent). Shakespeare on the Green is putting on "Twelfth Night" through Sunday at Elmwood Park.
- Head up to Stinson Park at Aksarben and help celebreate Heartland Pride's opening ceremonies with food and music.
- This OWH article lists and describes 6 summer drinks to get at bars all over Omaha. I pretty much want to try all of them .
SATURDAY June 22
- Head across the river to downtown Council Bluffs for Heartland Pride's parade! Last year my neighbor dressed as a sexy cowboy and was part of the parade. So that's the kind of thing you should expect to see.
- Or go the complete opposite way to Elkhorn for Junkstock! Expect to find salvaged and repurposed goods, music, and food, all at an old dairy farm.
- Oh man, I used to live right on the edge of the Field Club neighborhood and walk the streets with Oliver marveling at the beautiful houses and wondering what they looked like inside. Well, now I can find out by taking the Field Club Home Tour.
SUNDAY June 23
- Cursive, a favorite band of ours, is kickinng off their Midwest tour here at the Waiting Room. Opening are See Through Dresses and Digital Leather.
I was just surfing YouTube and came across this video and I think it's pretty damn cool.