Friday, June 21, 2013

Wind Down / Wound Up

Driving home last night I noticed that the firework tents are starting to pop up all over the place. THAT truly means summer to me and really brings back my childhood summers. My dad was, still is, a little obsessed with fireworks. At that time fireworks couldn't be sold within city limits so we'd drive to Gretna to load up, and sometimes my dad would even drive to Missouri to pick up the big guns.Then my brother and I would get to shoot off fireworks for days ahead of the 4th. Anyways, enough with the reminiscing. This post is here to help you make your summers great, and worth remembering. As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY June 21
  • Get a little culta' (that's my saying culture in a North Eastern accent). Shakespeare on the Green is putting on "Twelfth Night" through Sunday at Elmwood Park. 
  • Head up to Stinson Park at Aksarben and help celebreate Heartland Pride's opening ceremonies with food and music.  
  • This OWH article lists and describes 6 summer drinks to get at bars all over Omaha. I pretty much want to try all of them .

SATURDAY June 22
  • Head across the river to downtown Council Bluffs for Heartland Pride's parade! Last year my neighbor dressed as a sexy cowboy and was part of the parade. So that's the kind of thing you should expect to see.
  • Or go the complete opposite way to Elkhorn for Junkstock! Expect to find salvaged and repurposed goods, music, and food, all at an old dairy farm.
  • Oh man, I used to live right on the edge of the Field Club neighborhood and walk the streets with Oliver marveling at the beautiful houses and wondering what they looked like inside. Well, now I can find out by taking the Field Club Home Tour.

SUNDAY June 23

I was just surfing YouTube and came across this video and I think it's pretty damn cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment