FRIDAY June 28
- As I'm sure you all know, it's Bank of the West's annual concert and fireworks at Memorial Park tonight. This year, they are bringing us Pat Benatar and Loverboy.
- If you're not too keen on fighting the sweaty crowds at Memorial Park, we suggest hitting up a bar in Dundee, where you will have a great view of the fireworks. We suggest Old Dundee.
- If you're really not feeling Pat Benatar, you can also go across the river and check out another 80's icon, Billy Idol, who is playing at the Stir Concert Cove!
- Joss Whedon has given us a new interpretation of what is probably my favorite Shakespeare play, Much Ado About Nothing. The film starts tonight at Film Streams.
- Ever listen to video game music just for fun? Like, when you're not even playing video games. If you do, you will probably want to attend Video Games Live at the Ralston arena tonight. Musicians perform video game music along with video, and it actually sounds pretty cool.
- Movies are the perfect summer activity because you can sit in a cool, dark room for several hours and escape the heat, whilst also being entertained. I know this has been out for a few weeks now, but I really want to see Sofia Coppola's new film, "Bling Ring".
- I LOVE Thai food. Both Meghan and I have been wanting to try Salween Thai, which is pretty much between our two houses, and this OWH article just makes me want to try it even more. I might have to treat myself...
- Bring your yoga mat and head to Midtown Crossing for Yoga Rocks the Park.