Thursday, July 25, 2013

If You Build It, Inspiration Will Come

This is a project that's been on my to-do list for quite some time - Create an Inspiration Board. In my home, my second bedroom is a multi-purpose room including our "library", my craft room, office, and home to Bebop. With that in mind, seemed like the perfect place to put up an inspiration board that I can rotate as often as I please. I keep a Pinterest board with all of my favorite, most inspiring images and I finally decided to print out those images and make a physical inspiration board. Here's a look at what's on the board now -



Before I placed my images on the board I wanted to change the look of the board itself, so I took some Washi tape and lined the sides of the board.



Next I took all of my images and placed them in a way that was pleasing to me. This took a bit of time and you can see I still have some left-over inspiration pieces that I can rotate in.

 




I decided to just lay the board on my bookshelf because our walls are already pretty filled with some of my friends artwork which is definitely my favorite kind of artwork.



I think I made a pretty good start on this project. In the future I would like to include more of a variety of inspiration pieces rather than just all images. I hope looking at this board will help me clear my creative thoughts while also keeping them fresh. Do any of you keep an inspiration board in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment