Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday Jams #25

Saturday is now in full effect and I'm preparing to brave the public to first see my family as my niece's 4th birthday party is today and then it's off to a wedding reception at the Slowdown, which is bound to turn into another tremendous summer night. Omaha, sometimes I really love you. You and these songs -


Blakroc - "Hope You're Happy"
Blakroc was one of my favorite albums from 2009. The dudes from The Black Keys formulated this amazing hip hop album with the help from amazing artists like Mos Def, RZA, and of course Ludacris. LUDA!! Invest in the album immediately and then feel like a baller the rest of the day. I love hip hop music and don't listen to it nearly as much as I used to. One of my friends from college would always make us the greatest mix CDs with these crazy artists we had never heard of. That's one thing I should put on my summer to-do list - make a mix CD and send it to a friend who lives outside of NE.






David Bowie - "Modern Love"
I've been hearing this song everywhere this summer. On the radio, in Frances Ha, out at the bar, and now in my head, but I'm not complaining. 

And then last night I went to an annual 4th of July party where they literally lit off 13,000 bottle rockets set to this theme song. It was grand - 

No comments:

Post a Comment