Friday, July 19, 2013

Wind Down / Wound Up

Alas, our favorite part of the week has arrived. Neither of us really has any big plans for the weekend, but it's never hard to find something to do in this city. If you, too, are wondering where the haps at this weekend (yeah, I said it), you are in luck! Every week we bring you a list of events going on over the weekend. As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY July 19
  • Holy shit, how did I not know that it's like Sweet Stock 2013 over at Stir Concert Cove tonight??? Smashmouth, Sugar Ray, Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon, and Fastball are all playing. Be still, my 13 year old heart. 
  • If that's not quite your scene, maybe you'd be more interested in seeing Eli Mardock, The Kickback, and John Larsen at O'Leaver's. Can't beat the $5 price tag, either. 
  • They used to have a night at Aksarben every year where they lit up hot air balloons. Does anyone else remember this? I just found out that Bellevue is having a balloon glow tonight at their Riverfest so if you're looking to relive your childhood, head south.  
 SATURDAY July 20
  • Soul Night at the Sydney is seriously one of my all time favorite events in Omaha. I'm pretty sure I say that just about every month, but I can't help it! This month they are having a little ice cream social as well to help you beat the heat. Go get your groove on!
  • Something else I love? The Sound of Music. That's right, I love that damn musical. Film Streams is totally doing me a solid (not personally) and playing this on the big screen this afternoon. If you love Fraulein Maria as much as I do, I will see you there!
  • Don't forget to get some fresh produce at a Farmer's Market near you! You can go to Village Pointe, Benson, or the Old Market today. 

SUNDAY July 21

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment