Friday, August 2, 2013

Wind Down / Wound Up

Sorry, guys, I've been putting blogging aside these past two weeks or so due to my semi-emergency move. It was a week of packing, then a weekend of moving, and now it's been a week of (sort-of) unpacking. Luckily, I have the best co-blogger in the world who picks up on my slack. Meghan also gave me one of the best birthday presents I have ever received - an apron featuring R. Kelly and underneath "hot and fresh out the kitchen." This song also has another great line: "It's the freakin' weekend, baby bout to have me some fun." Let's all have us some fun this weekend. As the work week winds down, WO+SF are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY August 2
SATURDAY August 3
  • My parents are taking my out to dinner for my birthday! While no, you can't come along, you can take yourself out to dinner as a little weekend celebration. I still haven't decided where I want to go... Dixie Quicks? Dario's? Mark's? French Bulldog? I just have no idea.
  • Two wonderful things: beer and bacon are being celebrated at the Old Mattress Factory. It's literally called the Omaha Beer & Bacon Festival.You can drink beer and eat bacon, all while supporting charity. 
  • Perhaps beer isn't your thing and you're a total wine-o (like us)? You can also celebrate your love of wine today at Omaha's Riverfront Wine Festival at Stinson Park.
  • Down in the dumps? Need a chuckle? Catch a comedy show at The Sydney.
SUNDAY August 4
  • Ease yourself out of the weekend and into the work week with some smooth jazz by Luigi, Inc. at Mister Toad. 
  • Go to the Aksarben Farmer's Market, then get a cronut and a coffee at Jones Bros. This if my perfect Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment