FRIDAY August 2
- First off, we, of course, have Benson First Friday. I have missed the past couple BFF's but now that I am no longer a Benson resident I now really want to go. Go figure. A few choice events going on during BFF include Meghan's main squeeze Cooper Lakota Moon opening up for Touch People and Underwater Dream Machine at the Barley Street Tavern, JJ Carroll's 101 Damnations art show at Sweatshop, and 'In Camera" at Petshop.
- I'm so excited to see.. I'm So Excited, Pedro Almodovar's newest film. After you watch the trailer I can guarantee that there's no way you won't want to see this film. Thanks again to Film Streams who consistently brings these gems to our city.
- My parents are taking my out to dinner for my birthday! While no, you can't come along, you can take yourself out to dinner as a little weekend celebration. I still haven't decided where I want to go... Dixie Quicks? Dario's? Mark's? French Bulldog? I just have no idea.
- Two wonderful things: beer and bacon are being celebrated at the Old Mattress Factory. It's literally called the Omaha Beer & Bacon Festival.You can drink beer and eat bacon, all while supporting charity.
- Perhaps beer isn't your thing and you're a total wine-o (like us)? You can also celebrate your love of wine today at Omaha's Riverfront Wine Festival at Stinson Park.
- Down in the dumps? Need a chuckle? Catch a comedy show at The Sydney.
- Ease yourself out of the weekend and into the work week with some smooth jazz by Luigi, Inc. at Mister Toad.
- Go to the Aksarben Farmer's Market, then get a cronut and a coffee at Jones Bros. This if my perfect Sunday morning.