Friday, August 23, 2013

Wind Down / Wound Up

I am EXTRA excited for this weekend because... I JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE!! Hooray! I am way excited and have been marking pages of inspiration in my HGTV magazines. While I still have to go through the home inspection and closing and all that jazz, I will definitely be celebrating this weekend, among all the other events going on in Omaha. Each week we help you plan your weekend by doing the work for you and listing the happening-est events. As the work week winds down WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY August 23
SATURDAY August 24
  • This is right up my alley: start your afternoon out with Songs @ Shop. Musicians Laura Burhenn (The Mynabirds), Orenda Fink (Azure Ray), Dan McCarthy (McCarthy Trenching), James Maakestad (McCarthy Trenching, Gus & Call), and Zack Lagrue will play acoustic songs of the 60's (my fave) at the Saddle Creek Shop.
  • If you haven't had a chance to check out Omaha Fashion Week, Friday and Saturday will be your last chance to do so!
  • Satchel Grande just plain and simple puts on a FUN show. Go see this massive band at the Slowdown and you can also peep over to the Trap Room for a drink or two!
SUNDAY August 25
  • Head to O'Leavers for a final hoorah before you have to return to work on Monday to rock out to Killer Blow and Ted Stevens' Unknown Project. 


 When my parents took me out to do dinner at Dixie Quicks a few weekends ago for my birthday, this giant, inflated squirrel was next door in the gallery. It is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment