FRIDAY August 23
- Check out Film Streams' newest movie, The Spectacular Now.
- We LOVE CCR! Relive the past and go see Creedence Clearwater Revisted with The Guess Who at the new Ralston arena.
- Head to the roof top of Blatt Beer & Table and enjoy the Omaha skyline, some tunes, and the best part: reverse happy hour! I literally never make it to happy hour so I definitely appreciate the opportunity to finally take advantage of discounted alcohol.
- It's your last chance to check out some cool art, alongside seeing some cool bands, at the Sweatshop. Salted, Dumb Beach, and Worried Mothers will provide the music while JJ Carroll will provide the art with his show entitled 101 Damnations.
- This is right up my alley: start your afternoon out with Songs @ Shop. Musicians Laura Burhenn (The Mynabirds), Orenda Fink (Azure Ray), Dan McCarthy (McCarthy Trenching), James Maakestad (McCarthy Trenching, Gus & Call), and Zack Lagrue will play acoustic songs of the 60's (my fave) at the Saddle Creek Shop.
- If you haven't had a chance to check out Omaha Fashion Week, Friday and Saturday will be your last chance to do so!
- Satchel Grande just plain and simple puts on a FUN show. Go see this massive band at the Slowdown and you can also peep over to the Trap Room for a drink or two!
- Head to O'Leavers for a final hoorah before you have to return to work on Monday to rock out to Killer Blow and Ted Stevens' Unknown Project.
When my parents took me out to do dinner at Dixie Quicks a few weekends ago for my birthday, this giant, inflated squirrel was next door in the gallery. It is amazing.