FRIDAY August 9
- Have some laughs at the Slowdown. Neil Hamburger (what a great name) is performing tonight at Slowdown.
- If you're already in NoDo, you should stop into the area's newest bar, The Trap Room. I still haven't been there but hear they have great cocktails that don't cost $10.00 a piece, and that the decor is superbly 60's.
- Lately Film Streams has had this great Bollywood series going on. My friend Becky loves Bollywood and I must say I love the over the top drama myself, not to mention the dancing scenes. This weekend Film Streams is offering Om Shanti Om.
- Dancing + sausages. That is what you will find at Sausagefest at O'Leavers. DJ Buttercups, and others, will be spinning tunes. This is guaranteed fun.
- Double up on your serving of pork today. During the day you can hit up BaconFest, a fundraiser for the Salvation Army.
- The OWH is right. Omaha is a bar city and sometimes I forgot about different bars because I tend to go to the same places over and over again. What can I say? I'm a creature of habit. If you're looking to go somewhere new, peruse the World Herald's list of some of the best bars in Omaha.
- So maybe you ate a lot of pork yesterday. You can make your Sunday a little healthier by heading to the Sweet Corn Festival at Lauritzen Gardens. Munch on some delicious corn while strolling the beautiful gardens. Sounds like a great Sunday to me.
- Spend a few calming hours centering and stretching at Garden Yoga, taking place in the Joslyn's sculpture garden.
And if you're really, REALLY bored this weekend? Take a Pepsi bath: