Friday, August 9, 2013

Wind Down / Wound Up

Ah, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: the most glorious of days. You make the week worth it. You make the world go 'round. Okay, so I'm no Shakespeare, but I do love the weekend. If you're looking for something to do to make your weekend even better, we got your back. As the work week winds down WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY August 9
  • Have some laughs at the Slowdown. Neil Hamburger (what a great name) is performing tonight at Slowdown.
  • If you're already in NoDo, you should stop into the area's newest bar, The Trap Room. I still haven't been there but hear they have great cocktails that don't cost $10.00 a piece, and that the decor is superbly 60's.
  • Lately Film Streams has had this great Bollywood series going on. My friend Becky loves Bollywood and I must say I love the over the top drama myself, not to mention the dancing scenes. This weekend Film Streams is offering Om Shanti Om. 
 SATURDAY August 10
  • Dancing + sausages. That is what you will find at Sausagefest at O'Leavers. DJ Buttercups, and others, will be spinning tunes. This is guaranteed fun.
  • Double up on your serving of pork today. During the day you can hit up BaconFest, a fundraiser for the Salvation Army.
  • The OWH is right. Omaha is a bar city and sometimes I forgot about different bars because I tend to go to the same places over and over again. What can I say? I'm a creature of habit. If you're looking to go somewhere new, peruse the World Herald's list of some of the best bars in Omaha. 
 SUNDAY August 11
  • So maybe you ate a lot of pork yesterday. You can make your Sunday a little healthier by heading to the Sweet Corn Festival at Lauritzen Gardens. Munch on some delicious corn while strolling the beautiful gardens. Sounds like a great Sunday to me.
  • Spend a few calming hours centering and stretching at Garden Yoga, taking place in the Joslyn's sculpture garden. 

And if you're really, REALLY bored this weekend? Take a Pepsi bath:

No comments:

Post a Comment