Thursday, September 19, 2013

All The Single Ladies

Yeah, I had to go for that pun, because today I'm going to share with you a few photos from a bachelorette party I recently co-hosted. Planning an event like this can be a little stressful, but luckily the whole idea behind a bachelorette is to have fun, get drunk and give naughty gifts; and I'm pretty darn good at all three of those things. We lucked out by being able to host the party at Petshop in Benson. It was the day after a First Friday and there was a really neat exhibition going on by Bart Vargas. The word Yes appeared countless times on the walls which was a cute and positive reminder of the wedding to come. As I mentioned before, we went with a masquerade theme, which meant there were a lot of frisky animals running around Benson that weekend.

We served boozy bears in honor of the groom (coconut rum worked the best), a champagne sangria, a non-alcholoic punch, and of course some beers and wines from Trader Joe's. As a sweet treat, I tricked out some box brownies with peanut butter chocolate chips and pretzels - inspiration from here. For the main appetizer we made three types different meatballs which totaled to about 100 homemade meatballs. The Swedish meatballs were the big hit of the night and I truthfully couldn't believe how easy they were to make! Here are a few shots I took throughout the night. It was a wonderful time and no one got too rowdy. Unfortunately no strippers or dicks of any sort showed up, however our gathering was well complimented by the hardcore-fest going on next door at the Sweatshop. 17 bands played over the course of about six hours. Personally, I love that kind of music so I didn't mind having the thumping bass and throttling drums faintly coming through the walls, but some of the older guests I don't think found it as charming. 











1 comment: