Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rustic Wooden Photo Transfers

When I saw this tutorial on A Beautiful Mess, I knew I had found the perfect homemade gift for the wedding I was a part of earlier this month. After some trial and error I ended up with three great wood transfers to give to the beautiful bride and groom (which unfortunately aren't shown in this post). I really enjoy giving personal gifts like this when I'm close to the husband and wife-to be. I hope that in 30 years, when they look back on that day and those wooden plaques, they remember the vows they made and the love, happiness and support that surrounded them. The older I get, the more of a wedding sucker I become. It's been a hell of year and to watch all of these amazing people commit themselves to a lifetime together, I mean, it just doesn't get any better than that. 

Follow the link above to see the directions I used. Here are a few photos I took along the way. I didn't end up getting a shot of the final products because I guess it just slipped my mind. Whoopsies. One tip I can give you if you do end up trying out this project is to spread a really thin layer of glue on the transfer paper before you print the photos. This will lessen the blemishes that occurred in my failed attempts below. Also, if your printer settings will allow for this, try to print the same picture multiple times on one piece of paper. This is a huge time saver and if one copy gets muffed up, you'll have already have a backup coming.










No comments:

Post a Comment