Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday Jams #32

Eep! I'm so excited today because tonight I'm co-hosting a bachelorette party and it's going to be off the chain. It's going to be the bomb dot com. No strippers, no dicks, all class and sass. Oh and boozy bears. Something tells me I'm in for an epic hangover tomorrow, but it's all in the name of fun, right? While I have an entire playlist of dance jams ready for tonight, this afternoon I'm spinning these little ditties - 



Neko Case - "Furnace Room Lullaby"
I have been OBSESSED with this song lately. It's dark and haunting and at just under 3 minutes I can't help but listen to it on repeat.


Diarrhea Planet - "Kids"
This song was just featured on a recent episode of All Songs Considered and for good reason. It's five minutes long and wraps like 5 songs into one. The way this band can transition their sound from heavy and layered to guitar glam to Weezer adjacent is really interesting. And my absolute favorite way they have been described is that Diarrhea Planet is "nothing to shit on" (CMJ). Too true CMJ. Too true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment