Monday, September 30, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Au Revoir September! You definitely went by too fast, but that doesn't come as a surprise to us anymore. Before we know it, it will be Halloween and then it will be Thanksgiving. October, we're going to try to drink you in as much as we can by going to pumpkin patches, corn mazes and bon fires. We hope you don't disappoint us. 

I spent last weekend in the presence of mostly women (including some female impersonators) and it was awesome. If there's one lesson I learned this summer, it's to really enjoy the company of women. The unconditional support I've received from these amazing ladies is just boundless. They challenge me to be a better version of myself and their willingness to listen to any problem or frustration I have is incredibly generous. And the best part of these lady friends? They make me laugh. 

So, I'm trying to stay positive about this new work week, but that doesn't always cut it, does it? If you're like me, ease yourself back into your work flow with the below internet findings. 

  • Did you know last week it was Banned Book week? These illustrations of mugshots of famous characters from books who have been banned in the past are awesome. In other Banned Book week news - did you see this article in the newspaper? Former columnist Rainbow Rowell had a recent reading appearance cancelled due to over-protective (and let's face it just dumb) parents in MN. Seriously, DUMB.
  • I'm excited to check this place out. I used to live near this building and whenever I walked by with Bebop I always wished I could live there and do something with that first floor. Glad to see someone got on that. 
  • These birds are amazing. I want them hanging throughout my entire house. 
  • Look at this adorable print/stationery shop located near to us in North Platte!
  • How incredible is this photo project?! Be sure to follow this photographer on Instagram!
  • Are any of you reeling after the Breaking Bad finale last night? Get over it with these 10 amazing televesion series replacements. 
  • Want to see who made the list of the top 50 most influential pot smokers and their thoughts on the drug? Martha Stewart saying, "Of course I know how to roll a joint" is my new favorite quote, ever. 
  • Ugh, photoshop is seriously the worst
  • Here's your horoscope for the week. Tomorrow marks the beginning of my birthday month and I'm getting pretty excited! 
I went to a drag show this past weekend and girl let me tell you, those queens killed it. You may have picked up by now that we're huge fans of RuPaul's Drag Race, so you can imagine my excitement to see the real deal in person. I used to go to drag shows in Lincoln, down at The Q, so it was nice to support the Omaha scene for once. 

The highlight of the night? When one of the queens lip synched Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind" as a blind person (FOR SERIOUS). 





No comments:

Post a Comment