Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wedded Bliss in Downtown Omaha

Last week, I posted about a bachelorette party I recently co-hosted, so today I thought I'd share some of my photos from over the course of the wedding weekend, from both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding day/night. It was a beautiful weekend weather-wise - sunny, cool, and breezy. We headed to the ceremony rehearsal at Lucille's in the Old Market, you know, that ivy laced building in the alley behind La Buvette? It's a gorgeous unmarked building that, unless you know it's there, is easy to pass over without a glance.

Cooper's mother actually used to know Lucille herself, who resided in the home until she passed. Lucille was a bit of a hoarder, so it was really nice to see her daughter renovate the place and open it up to small events. Being inside Lucille's is like traveling to a time in Omaha where people didn't leave the house without their hat and/or gloves on. It was a bit like being in the hotel from The Shining, but without the imminent fear of doom. The ceremony was held outside in Lucille's courtyard and cocktails and hors d'oeuvres were served following. It was a really lovely ceremony. The bride and groom wrote their own vows, which like my brother's wedding, didn't leave a dry eye in the house. After the ceremony it was party time! We headed to the Mastercraft in the NoDo which we had spent the previous night decorating. Everything from the abundance of twinkling lights to the food to the photo-booth (eek! I'm a little nervous to see the pictures from this because we all got pretty sauced) was perfect. It was definitely a night I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

Head back here on Thursday to read about the homemade gift I gave to the couple!



^^The groomsmen all looked straight out of a '70's wedding party with their mustaches^^


^^Setting up the reception after the rehearsal^^


^^I just had to take this picture. I hope Cooper considers it when he's releasing his first solo record^^



^^My friend Matt was handing out his "business" card to all the single ladies. I removed his phone number for his safety^^




























^^Isn't the courtyard at Lucille's beautiful?^^


^^How about that bride?! Hubba Hubba!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment