Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Best. Presents. Ever



My 27th birthday was just grand. In addition to having a lovely dinner with Kerry, Cooper and his sister Willa, I received probably the best birthday gift ever. Cooper and his sister both individually gave me two of Sue's rings, including the one (the black one) I have always loved the most. I'm astounded by their generosity and am entirely humbled that I get to wear these pieces of Sue with me everyday.

I imagine how much these rings accompanied her throughout her life. How many holiday meals they were there to help prepare, how much soil and herbs they've been immersed in, how they touched and helped heal many of the people who came to her with physical and spiritual issues. These rings are my new prized possessions and I have no intention of taking them off. Ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment