Monday, October 14, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Welcome to my birthday week dear readers! I kind of can't believe another year has passed, but I'm looking forward to my 27th year. While some consider birthdays to be a stress-inducing event, I just don't see the point of letting turning a year older "get to" me. Maybe my opinion will change as I get older, or maybe I'll always hold onto the feeling that the celebration part of birthdays will always outweigh the aging part. 

While I'm excited to celebrate my birthday at the end of the week, I'm not so excited to greet another Monday. If you need a little boost too, here are some internet findings to help buffer the Monday morning haze. 

  • We've always been HUGE Alice Munro fans at WO+SF. We studied her extensively in college and her short stories are just perfect, so hearing she won the Nobel Prize was made us jump for joy. If you're not so familiar with her work, here's a beginner's guide to her genius. Now that it's getting colder outside you'll need some new reading materials, right? 
  • My new favorite Tumblr page which is perfect for this spooky October.
  • There's a new Sharon Jones song out and it's just the best. 
  • Did you see that Lady Gaga released her new album's track list AND a new song? I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly excited I am to hear this collaboration with R. Kelly.
  • Tim Kasher is recently released a new album and the promotional contest for it is awesome. 
  • As you're probably aware, we're still amid a government shutdown. I recommend you drunk dial your state representative and let it rip. I'm also enjoying this site's usage of expletives to describe how ridiculous this shutdown is.
  • If you're wanting to spend October watching horror films but feel like you've seen them all, here are 15 I can guarantee haven't hit your watch-list. Start with May, it's the only movie I recognize and it is pretty damn good. 
  • Oh French women, we'll always be envious of your effortless style
  • Yep, this pretty much sums it up. 
  • Did we share this awesome new clip series where RuPaul drives around with his celebrity friends? The inaugural episode features Henry Rollins and while I'm a little surprised they're friends, I'm kind of not at all. Here's another episode featuring RPDR winner Sharon Needles. 
  • Our newspaper here is taking an interesting turn in what it's "reporting" on and I'm not sure what to think about it, but I want to lean toward thinking it's pretty cool. 
I had some time to kill this weekend so Bebop and I took some selfies together. Like a true teenager, he did not want to have anything to do with it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment