Monday, October 21, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Typically, I'm not ready for Monday to arrive, and this week is no different. I had a blast celebrating turning a year older with some dear friends and call me selfish, but I never want that feeling to end. It's not a perfect world though, where we can do whatever we please. We have to eventually return to work,  however once you get there, you don't have to jump straight into your day. Here are some internet recommendations to help distract yourself from the Monday gloom. 
  • This post pretty much describes me current situation to a tee. 
  • If you've never seen the Desaparecidos before, you should check out their show at the Waiting Room this Tuesday. The opening band is pretty badass too. $25 is a hair expensive, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will be worth it. 
  • Check out the familiar face that ended up on this list!
  • You know how a really good song can just indicate to you immediately how a scene in a movie is going to play out? Here are the 20 most overused film songs and what they typically mean. 
  • Luckily I don't have to fake my horror movie knowledge, but if you don't want to hide behind your hands watching scary movies, this is a pretty good run-down of everything you need to know so you don't seem like a baby. 
  • This is an interesting infographic about the regional popularity of girl's names over the past 50 years. I guess I have met a shit load of Amanda's, Jessica's, and Jennifer's.
  • Celebrity wedding inspiration, is there no better inspiration than that which comes from the celebrity variety?
  • In case you hadn't heard, Sharon Jones is back with a new song and an amazing music video. Goddamn we love that woman. 
  • Friendly Reminder: Halloween is almost here. Why not try to DIY a costume like this
  • I need this in my life. 
I have some awesome friends who know me pretty well. My lovely Samantha sent me this bracelet from Austin, TX and it contains some of my favorite things - 1) Black leather 2) Gold 3) Badassery

No comments:

Post a Comment