We'll be the first to admit it - we were kind of the worst last week. Intermittent posting was caused by a much needed recharge of our creative juices. Last week, before I departed on vacation, Kerry and I dined downtown at Wilson & Washburn (more on that tomorrow) and discussed our fall plans since this season seems to already be fleeting. Seriously, how is it almost November?!
So here's to getting back on our regular programming, even if today's post is on the cusp of another work day. In case you're looking for a little distraction, here are our recommendations for wasting some down time.
- I recently acquired a fire pit which I can't wait to begin using. I have a feeling that this drink will go perfectly with chilly nights under blankets in our backyard with the fire rolling.
- Did you know you could turn your Instagram photos into a cute little projector? What a fun gift for the holidays!
- Are you looking for some new fall clothes? We recommend you check out one of our favorite local online retailers Hello Holiday, who just put up some great new arrivals. Will someone pls buy me the Under the Sunflowers coat?
- Speaking of clothes, we love a good wrap dress. They are so comfortable and flattering at the same time. Don't know the history behind the wrap dress? Here's a crash course.
- Tim Kasher has one of the most unique voices coming our of Nebraska. Cursive has been one of our favorite local bands for over 10 years now, and it's great to see that these artists who supplied the soundtrack for our youth are still putting out music. While Tim Kasher's latest album doesn't feature the rest of Cursive, you can stream it in all of it's glory here.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of our favorite movies to watch around this time of year. We're pretty bummed out the Dundee Theater is still closed, because we always look forward to their October Midnight Movie features. In case you're jonesing for some NBC right now, here are 20 facts you probably didn't know about the amazing film.
- We are definitely people who often eat lunch at our desks. These photographs by Stephanie Gonot at least livens up what can be a sad daily occurrence.
- In case you needed a reminder that Prince is a complete and utter badass.
- These dresses are absolutely dreamy.
- Mmmmm, John Krasinski you are what dreams are made of.