Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cabin in the Woods Pt. 1

Every two years or so, some of my gal pals (yeah I said it) from high school and I try to get together to catch up on what's been going on in each other's lives. This fall marked a little over our two year target, the last events joining us together were two beautiful and fun-fueled weddings. Now that we're all a little older, our lives have certainly settled down, but that doesn't mean we don't all get that teenage feeling back when we're all together in the same room.

My trip got off to a potentially rough start. After booking my ticket on lastminute.com (which would imply when I bought my ticket), the day before my departure I logged onto United Air's website to look up my flight and figure out how to check-in, etc. It was at this poitn that I realized my flight would be leaving at 6:30 AM and not 6:30 PM as I had originally thought. Luckily I have a great boss and I was caught up on my work, so I was able to take an extra day off. Phew! Now, in my defense go to lastminute.com and you'll see they don't like AM/PM on any of their flight times. WTF, right!? Oh yeah, it's called Military time and I'm a dummy for not realizing it.

So after arriving earlier than I had originally planned, we all met in Denver, packed like sardines in a car with our luggage, food and of course booze for the weekend and drove to Conifer where one of my friends parents rent a beautiful home, 8,000 feet above the already high, greater Denver area.

Our first night on the mountain was full of drinking, laughing, reminiscing about old times and catching up on new ones, over a couple of plates piled high with meats and cheeses.





 










No comments:

Post a Comment