Monday, November 25, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Happy holiday week! Hopefully it's a short one for you, it's only a two-day week for me. Huzza! Having the day before Thanksgiving off will give me some much needed time to relax before the hustle and bustle of spending "quality time" with my family. I don't think I stand alone here when I say that my family exhausts me. While I love them, mommy's definitely going to need a glass of wine in her hand at all times. So since it's a short week, take advantage of that fact with a break from your work with these internet findings...
  • Are you in charge of bringing wine to your Thanksgiving meal? This year I am because otherwise, I'd end up being forced to drink white zinfandel or moscato since apparently my parents only drink super sweet wines now. Lucky for me, my dear friend over at Stalk My Kitchen comprised this awesome list of wines to serve on the big day. Lord knows we all need a little wine to deal with our relatives for extended periods of time.
  • Speaking of spending time with your dysfunctional family, here's a look at 25 fictional families who will make your family look normal.
  • Around these parts, we're a little obsessed with R. Kelly. He has the voice of an angel and the mind of a sex-god. Rolling Stone recently gave him a variety of ridiculous topics to make up lyrics for, and to no surprise, he agreed to do it. The results are pretty amazing.
  • This is probably the best use for a Moleskin journal I've ever seen.
  • Have you watched the official trailer for season 3 of Girls yet? Flavorwire outlines everything we can expect in the upcoming season here. Eep, I'm so excited!!
  • If I had to describe how I want my life to be over the course of this winter, it's simple. I want to purge my belongings and only keep the essentials. I want everything to be neat, deliberate and clean. Even when it comes to my personal style, I want to dress simple - which is why this collection of images of plain white tees really speaks to me.
  • Doesn't this make you want to start decorating for Christmas?
  • Speaking of which, I think this will definitely be my make-up go-to this season.
  • This spread from Vogue India is just beautiful.
Bebop has been so incredibly cuddly as of late. Maybe it's because it's cold outside, or maybe he knows I'm going through something, but either way, I'll take it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment