Monday, December 2, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

And we're back. Back from a holiday, a break from work, and a weekend full of a whole lotta family. Can't we just all take December off to stay at home, drinking red wine and cuddling with our furry companions? Oh well, it might be nice to get back into the grind. So as you sip your cup of coffee and settle into your day, here are some internet links to take the edge off of the morning.
  • I highly recommend you start your week off by watching this inspirational talk from Mynabird's singer Laura Burhenn. 
  • Did you watch Gaga and RuPaul's recent performance on the former's holiday special? Yes, it's as good as you would imagine, no wait, better. 
  • These photos of dogs mid-bath are just plain cute. 
  • Another annual gift guide just came across our paths - our girls over at Go Fug Yourself pick some very adorable, and very reasonably priced gifts for everyone on your list. 
  • I don't think I ever planned on liking psychedelic bands so much. Turns out, I love them. This is a great place to start your psychedelic education. 
  • Rookie mag has always been an interesting publication to me, mostly because I feel like I'm past the age to enjoy it (like shopping at Forever 21, you feel a little pang of embarrassment being seen in it). However Rookie totally won me over with this compilation playlist. Seriously, it's SO rad. 
  • I'm just sharing music all around here today, you need to watch this recent Tiny Desk Concert next. 
  • Looking for a unique ornament for an exchange (that doesn't have a price limit?). Check out these handmade creatures.
  • Really want to try this nail-art DIY sometime in the near future. 
  • You've probably already seen this a cappella version of "Royals" by Lorde, but I'm just going to leave it here anyways. 
Sometimes you're really lucky to have great friends who will invite you over for a home-cooked meal when you don't feel the best #grateful


No comments:

Post a Comment