Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

It seems lately that I'm always a day behind. These last few weeks have been kind of a whirl wind for me and I feel a little out of sorts. I'm a person who likes schedule and routine and these past 14 days have provided me with no structure whatsoever. Between moving into a new home, the holidays and travel, my everyday life has been turned upside down but I'm looking forward to building a new and more productive one. It's not easy though. Sometimes I feel like there's just too much to do and not enough time in the day.

I am taking comfort in the little things - sleeping in a new bed with new sheets, flannel everything, and hot chocolate. When I'm feeling overwhelmed I like to think about the positive and tasks I've accomplished rather than focusing on what I haven't completed. These next few days are going to be pretty packed, but I look forward to keeping busy. Also, in a few months we'll have a super exciting anouncement to make! We hate waiting, but we think you'll really enjoy the surprise!

So, if you're looking for some quick distractions to take a break with, here are some fun internet findings to soothe your anxiety.
  • On Sunday I finally took a break from my responsibilities, ignored the boxes filling my home and spent the entire day in bed wathing season 2 of American Horror Story which just popped up on Netflix. This might sound like a pretty depressing thing to do, but sometimes you just have to let the laziness wash over you.
  • Have you put up your holiday decorations yet? I'm loving this pom-pom garland tutorial from A Beautiful Mess. Methinks I'll have to try my hand at it so I have a new decoration in my new apartment.
  • Speaking of holiday decorations - can someone just come over and put all of this in my house for me while I'm at work?
  • Ok, I promise this is the last Xmas related link I'll put on here. We're obviously behind on our Christmas game but these homemade ornaments might become a future blog post.
  • Well, it doesn't get any cuter than the real-life fox and the hound.
  • I think one of the new traditions I'll start in my single life is making a homemade breakfast at least once a weekend since I'm totally drooling over everything pictured here.
  • Inspiration for a house-warming/costume party?
  • I'm going to have to keep a look out for this mug to come back. Probably not all that work appropriate, meh.
Now that there's officially snow on the ground, treat yourself to some homemade hot chocolate with the works. I love crushing up Andes mints on top of my beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment