Monday, December 16, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Can you believe we're this close to Christmas?! It kind of doesn't seem possible. There has certainly been a spirit in the air lately, but I don't feel it as much as I have in the past. That's probably because I've been overwhelmed in other areas of my life that I haven't had the chance to really sit down and enjoy the snow, the Christmas lights, hot chocolates and oh yeah, only about half of my Christmas shopping is done. The older we become, the more difficult it is to stop and smell the roses so to speak (or in this case stop and smell the pine needles). When you're a kid, there is no bigger holiday than Christmas. What happens to that holiday magic as you become older? We just become so busy marking things off of our to-do lists that magic, the spirit, disappears. So here's hoping you'll find some time this week to really enjoy the holiday before it's over. And if you're needing a little help easing yourself back into the last work week before the holiday break, here are some internet findings -
  • After spending all of last Sunday binge watching American Horror Story, I think this article best explains how I still want to go back and re-watch it all. 
  • Did I mention that all I want to wear lately is flannel? Seriously, in the midwest the cold weather + wind = brutal. You need a uniform to survive it and I would highly recommend a warm one. 
  • I LOVE Indie Jane's tradition of making a blanket fort in her home this time of year. Kerry and I seriously need to get in on this because Bebop and Ollie would love to cozy up with us, that is, after they're done running around with each other causuing a raucous.
  • This is a great holiday DIY that you can do this week, and keep up after Christmas is over. Nothing like a little last-minute decorating, right (and it's cheap to make too!)?
  • We love Minnetonka Moccasins. They are crazy comfortable and built to last. We especially love how they've taken the time to find bloggers to help style and promote their brand. Their latest lookbook is beautiful and it is taking every ounce of my self-control to not buy a new pair of boots right now.
  • I'm usually not a huge peppermint fan, but this peppermint bark recipe looks crazy easy and crazy good thanks to a secret ingrediant - rice krispies! Oh and I just ran across it's cookies and cream partner. Hello delicious.
  • This painted mug is the perfect DIY holiday gift for your friends.
  • I love everything about this post - the outfit, especially the patched coat, and of course the adorable pup.
  • Bedspiration is my new favorite term. 
  • So this would make a fantastic Christmas gift. 
I may or may not be a little obsessed with Amigos. Ever since we've lived in Lincoln, where there is an Amigos literally every mile, I just can't help but indulge in a little fast food #crispmeat4lyfe


No comments:

Post a Comment