Monday, December 30, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Another holiday week has arrived and in this one we will say goodbye to 2013. A fresh year and a fresh start is upon on. While some put far too much pressure on, "This is the year I'm going to finally ___________" we like to set goals for ourselves, but then don't beat ourselves up too badly when we come back next year to find that some of those goals are still outstanding. The new year gives us all an opportunity to reflect and consider whether we're turning into the people we want to be. Let's be honest, life gets busy and it's insanely easy to let it slip by you. To actually sit down with yourself and have that conversation, "Who am I now? What to I want to become? How do I get there?" is one that you must make time for.

So that's what we suggest you do before Wednesday. Sit down with yourself and write out what you liked about your life in 2013 and where there's room for improvement. If you find yourself needing a distraction from such heavy thinking, we've got you covered with the below internet findings.
  • Watch this video and try not to get inspired. I seriously want to become you Michèle Lamy.
  • I know Christmas has passed, but you need to watch this local performance of Blue Christmas. What can I say, I'm a sucker for some cello.  
  • Speaking of local music, meet Omaha's Elliott Smith. 
  • Decorating a new home takes time, patience, and money. One way I like to keep my home full of revolving pieces is by DIY-ing (duh). These gold-dipped feathers would be adorable taped to a wall with some washi tape.
  • Lord knows we used to play with a lot of Legos. This photography series totally captures the kitschy-ness of Legos and also gives a pretty good representation of the United States, even if our Nebraska print is a little, well, boring. Though, I do think he got the pink sky right.
  • Even though he is a little wackadoodle, Into the Gloss got it right when they said, "Tom Cruise is a Babe".
  • Oh, just SJP shutting it down. You go girl. 
  • This article taking a look at some of the badass women who stayed at the Chelsea Hotel in NYC makes me want to take a trip there soon, or at least get around to finally reading Patti Smith's book "Just Kids".
  • Best music videos of 2013, do you agree
  • Someone please buy me this shirt please! And this pin to go along with it. 
  • Man, my grandmother was awesome, but not this awesome. 
  • Color. Joy. Loving it.

If you find yourself craving some fast-food this week, skip McDon-Dons and Burger King and head straight to an Omaha classic - Bronco's. Seriously, this is the best quick serve hamburger I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment