FRIDAY December 6
- It's First Friday! We'll never not suggest you go to Benson First Friday, we just won't! There are tons of cool things going on, plus tons of sales with proceeds benefiting the Youth Emergency Services.
- The So-So Sailors, The River Monks, and Brad Hoshaw are playing at O'leaver's.
- Head down to Lauritzen Gardens for some holiday cheer to see their poinsettia show! This year's them is A Victorian Holiday, which I'm pretty excited about because I adore the Victorian era.
- Go see Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol at The Bluebarn Theatre. This offbeat play is both seasonal and hilarious.
- Start your Christmas shopping at the Omaha Holiday Market, located in nicely warmed tents at Aksarben Village. The market features locally made goods from foods to soaps to jewelry.
- Oh man, we're definitely going to have to take Oliver and Bebop to get their pictures taken with Santa Paws. The Bookworm is hosting this adorable event, with proceeds going to the Hearts United for Animals animal shelter.
And here's a still from the video I made in the "Elf Yourself" app last year. If that doesn't get you in the holiday spirit, I don't know what will.