Friday, December 20, 2013

Wind Down/Wound Up

This has been the slowest week I've had in a long time and because of that, I've been looking forward to the weekend even more so than usual. It's the final weekend before Christmas and thus for us all to pack in the Holiday fun with friends and family. I'll be making some more candy, doing some last minute shopping, and wrapping presents, among other things. If you're not too sure what to do with your weekend, never fear! We have some great suggestions for you. As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew and getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY December 20
  • I just realized that I haven't made it downtown to see the lights around the Gene Leahy mall! I just think they are so beautiful and I highly suggest it taking a stroll around the mall and then going to Mr. Toad's for some warm, booze-filled drinks! 
  • Darren Keen covers Daft Punk LIVE at House of Loom! No, he is not just playing samples from the songs, he is actually making them before your very eyes. It may be the best thing Omaha will ever get to real Daft Punk so go and dance your ass off!
  • For the past couple years we've been going ice skating at the small rink on the campus of UNMC. It's becoming a tradition and let me tell you, it helps you discover muscles in  your legs you totally forgot about. Or maybe that's just us.

SATURDAY December 21
  • Another thing I keep meaning to do is get to the new Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall
  • It's that time of month - time for Benson Soul Night! Two nights of dancing in a row to two very different kinds of music! Because how else are you going to exercise in this cold?

SUNDAY December 22
  • I haven't seen a movie in forever! It's the perfect cold weather activity though. Movies I currently want to see: American Hustle, The Hobbit, Nebraska, and... Film Streams once again brings us It's a Wonderful Life. I love, love, love this movie and it's the perfect end to a pre-holiday weekend. 



 Happy holidays! Check out this cool GIF Google+ mysteriously made for us all on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment