Thursday, January 2, 2014

NYE '14

Oh, New Years Eve. You are a fickle mistress who should not be taken too seriously.
 
Having low expectations, and multiple plans, certainly makes for a more interesting night. And so Kerry and I embarked on a very active evening, including fondue at our dear friend Becky's parents home (an annual tradition we will not be missing in the future!) and a few parties. By the time midnight rolled around we found ourselves on a wonderful porch in midtown with champagne in tow. A youth called me ma'am before midnight, but I figured since it happened BEFORE the new year to not take it as an omen of upcoming misfortunes.
 
Here are a few pictures I snapped throughout the evening.
 

^^Figured I should break out my curling wand and actually do my hair for once. Hair, you were kind to me in 2013, let's stay friends this upcoming year too^^

 

^^The cheese fondue we had was AMAZING! I have a feeling we will be making fondue more this year biding our time until next NYE. The remaining pots are filled with oil to cook the meats (steak and chicken). I had NO idea you could cook meat so quickly in oil! Guests used Chip Davis's special seasoning to spice up their meats and many Mannheim Steamroller jokes were made^^

 
 
^^Becky makes the most delicious chocolate I've ever had. She brought some warm dark chocolate over to dip crepes, strawberries, raspberries and marshmellows in. YUM!^^
 
 


^^We awoke the next morning to a winter wonderland. It was not ideal for driving, but we were not going to miss our brunch reservation at Dixie Quicks! ^^




 

We hope you all had a wonderful (and safe) NYE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment