TGIF ammiright?! This week went by surprisingly quickly but maybe that's because I spent most of it in hibernation due to that awful gd wind we had all week. I'm ready to break out of the confines of my office and apartment and take this city by storm. Are you feeling me? Good, because while the work week winds down, WO + SF and company are winding up for the weekend!
FRIDAY January 17th
- Where you'll find Meghan tonight: O'Leaver's for what's going to be an ultra-amazing-face-melting-extravaganza. Pro-Magnum, Dumb Beach, et al. Let's get tipsy and sweaty together.
- Get your art on from 6 - 9 over at the Union for Contemporary Art with an exhibition by the wonderful Ying Zhu.
- There's comedy going on over at Brother's, but isn't Brother's always comical when you see drunk kids trying to stumble in after being down at the Crescent Moon?
- Some dudes I know go over to Iowa once a month to watch some ridiculous wrestling matches and one of these days, I swear I'm going to make it. If you wanna go watch some men in leotards put other men in banana-hammocks into head-locks, head over to Iowa tonight.
- O'Leaver's is packing it in again tonight with Rainy Road Records presenting Worried Mothers and Touch People.
- IT'S BENSON SOUL NIGHT TONIGHT Y'ALL!
- Did you see, did you see how nice it's supposed to be today?! Sunny AND in the 50's! There's not much going on event-wise today so take your butt outside for some Sunday Funday activities. Perch on a patio, read a book, take your crafts outside, go to the dog park. We can't tout our favorite Omaha patios to enjoy some adult beverages on - La Buvette, Mr. Toad's, Krug, Jake's, Rose & Crown and O'Leaver's (yes another mention, aparently you should just live there this weekend) just to name a few.
Bebop's judgement face here toward Sir Oliver Joseph Jones is cracking me up pretty hard. What a doggie diva.