FRIDAY January 24
- The Lupines and Bullet Proof Hearts are playing at O'Leavers!
- This year I'm trying to see more movies. I would really love to have at least seen a few of the films nominated at all the award shows I watch. Last Friday my mom and I saw American Hustle and I totally loved it. It's a great story with a great cast and a great soundtrack and I can't recommend it enough. Other films I really want to see: Her and Dallas Buyers Club. Don't want to GO to a movie? Blue Jasmine is now in a Redbox near you!
- Every year St. Cecilia's Cathedral gets decked out in beautiful flower displays. This year's theme is "South Pacific" and if you can't make it to Hawaii the least you can do is go immerse yourself in the flora and fauna and day dream of the beach. You can check out the flower festival both Saturday and Sunday.
- Temps in the 40s not high enough for you? Immerse yourself in the jungle or desert at Omaha's lovely Henry Doorly Zoo.
- Stay warm by gettin sweaty dancin' to DJ Dramatron at the Sweatshop.
- Most Sunday nights O'Leaver's hosts open mic night and today is no different.
- Did you see yesterday's post about the quiche we made? MAKE THIS QUICHE!!! It was definitely one of the best things we've ever made and a great winter meal.
Happy weekend, everyone!