Monday, February 3, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

How are we all feeling in the post-super bowl, post-Phillip Seymour Hoffman world? Kerry and I were enjoying a couple glasses of wine on Sunday afternoon (well it was past noon, but not by much) when we overheard these kids going on and on about how sad they were at the latest celebrity passing. After three minutes of, "Lou Reed? I could see that he was old. Paul Walker? I can live in a world without him" we broke out our smart phones to see the latest celebrity to fall from fame. I think I told Kerry to shut the eff up like three different times before it sunk in for me. What a sad loss. 

Another sad fact is that we're going to have to brace ourselves for a cold, white week. If you're in need of a pick-me-up like we are, check out some of the internet links below - 
  • YES to all of this.
  • Karen O is my idol, icon, and goddess, a true influence. Read more about her favorite style pieces for   Barney's. 
  • I'm not sure if I should be depressed by this or thankful that a study finally explains exactly how I feel. EXACTLY. 
  • Shut the front door, I am in love with this entire look! 
  • Are you keeping up with Girls? If you're a fan of the show, you'll get a kick out of this throwback to 1998. 
  • We love a good period drama. Sense & Sensibility is in my top 5 favorite movies and looking at this list, I just want to stay in and watch all of these these immediately. 
  • These vintage posters make me want to pack up and go on a road trip. 
  • I got meatball sub. Damn, Buzzfeed it really knocking it out of the park on these "what ______ are you?" quizzes lately. 
  • As a recent single woman, I totally agree with all of these boyfriend choices right now. 
  • Gilmore Girls is easily one of my favorite television shows ever. Seriously, I could binge-watch it ALL OF THE TIME and this adorable story makes me like it even more. 
  • Gimme all of the jewelry
  • These are just beautiful. 
  • God, sometimes I really do miss the Spice Girls
  • Let's plan a vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment