Welcome to a brand new week y'all. In just under a week it will finally be March, which means we're nearing the end of yet another chilly season. I can't complain too much though, this winter was pretty good to us (with the exception of those bitterly cold, subzero days). I'm fully ready for the warm weather though. While I love wearing jackets and layering up, I'm done with this cold as of now. Just done.
Enough complaining. Like I started this post saying, it's a brand new week and a brand new chance for productivity, creativity, and the pursuit of happiness. There, see I ended up on a positive note, right?
- HYPE: If you're not doing anything tonight, head up to Petshop in Benson for a poetry reading featuring one of our old dear friends from college.
- Record Store Day is like my Christmas. For one day a year, a boatload of exclusive new music comes out in vinyl form and after taking a look at 2014's release list so far, this might be the best Record Store Day yet.
- I'm really digging this song from Deleted Scenes which both Omahype and All Songs Considered recently posted. Welcome to Omaha!
- Making plans for spring break? I know we haven't been in school for some years now, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea to get out of town for a few days. One idea? Head down to Austin for SXSW! Here's a little preview of the bands to help sway your decision making.
- Speaking of spring break plans, how about heading out on a cruise sponsored by Motorhead? Now THAT'S bound to create some long-lasting party memories.
- Good god I need to make this dessert this week. Yet another single gal problem though - making a big dessert like this means I might just eat it ALL by myself. Thank god for friends, right?
- This list is pretty true. The second gif on #14 has seriously been cracking me up since I first saw this.
- Awwww this post from one of our favorite little bloggers is so cute!
- Speaking of cute bloggers, Katie is just the epitome of cute!
Man, wouldn't it be nice to live a dog's life and stay in bed all morning?