FRIDAY February 20
- There are just a few days left for you to participate in Omaha Beer Week! And if you need a little arm tugging, check out the OWH's description of some of the most interesting beers you might find: banana bread beer? pizza beer? Sure, I'll put that in my mouth.
- Check out the art work of UNO Fine Art graduate student, Maggie Weber, at the Hoover Studios in the Mastercraft Building. Her work sounds beautiful!
SATURDAY February 21
- I've never heard of this until now but if you're in the mood for some laughs you may want to go see The Black-Jew Dialogues at Kaneko. The show is described as: "an exhilarating and insightful look at the state of race and cultural relations in America", and also it sounds funny as hell.
- If you'd rather listen to some live music, the OWH has a list of all the live music events going on here. Our tip to you: You can never go wrong with a cover band.
- We know there's never really too much going on on Sundays but there are two events that happen almost every single Sunday that you can always count on! It's open mic night at O'Leaver's, and Sunday Salsa at House of Loom!
And we leave you with a clip of an old movie we've been obsessing over lately. I'm not sure how it happened... we both talked of our love of Wayne's World, a movie I watched on the regular in early high school, and then we both re-watched this classic, and now, we can't stop talking about it.