Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Jams #2.13

Today, I'm off to Macedonia, IA to try to learn more about my heritage, specifically on my mother's side of the family. After my uncle from Oregon visited recently and brought up a bunch of neat stories from their past, I've been interested in learning more about my genealogy. And since today is supposed to be pretty nice and I'm such a nosey Nancy, I'm hoping I can dig up some good info on the family's mark in town. As an avid researcher and NPR listening, I'm always up for a good story. So here's hoping my trip 45 miles southeast will bear an interesting tale or two!  


Charlie Megira & The Modern Dance Club - "Existence"
At a recent visit to The Trap Room, one patron had hijacked the sound system with his iPod and played this band. I immediately had to ask, "who is this?" because I was in love.


Daniela Andrade - "Crazy"
This Gnarls Barkley cover is pretty great. Goddamn that's a great song.

No comments:

Post a Comment