Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Loosest Meat In America.

Earlier today, I posted about how I began my morning and ended my evening this past Sunday. What I failed to mention was the delicious food that was consumed in the middle.

Growing up in Omaha, we often frequented B&G as a family. Back then it was more of a hole in the wall. Sad clown pictures hung on the wall, there were a few booths and a bar to sit and enjoy your meal at. Now, the place extends to a whole other room and the walls are filled with antique ads and bicycles. While the times may change an establishments decor, it does not change the power of the loose meat sandwich. 




The B&G loose meat sandwich recipe is still a mystery to most. And while B&G touts a large menu of burgers, chicken tenders, hot dogs, and a cheese frenchee - my recommendation is their classic #1. You just can't go wrong with the loose meat sandwich and a side of fries. If you're feeling really fancy, treat yourself to a #2 which includes a delicious shake. 






Arriving in a wax paper bag, when you pick up your loose meat sandwich, you won't want to put it back down. However, if you do, be sure to go back and lick up any of the meat that fell loose - see where the sandwich name comes from now?




So if on any day you're feeling particularly Midwestern, be sure to check out the home of the loosest meat in America at B&G Tasty Foods. 

1 comment:

  1. Just ate here today..super delicious..nice old walk in dinner feel..cashier was kinda blah since I was asking questions bc I'm not from midwest so I didn't know what a frenchee was but great food and good experience overall...I would eat here again

    ReplyDelete