Today would be a pretty good day to call in sick to work. We're not encouraging you to do this by any means, but if you have a personal day at your disposal, you may considering cashing in on it today. Also, can you believe it's the last day in March?! Good golly gee this month has flown by.
So, if you find yourself in the office, avoiding work whilst looking longingly out of a window, here are some internet links to help ease you into the work week.
- OMG LET'S ALL HELP FUND THIS FILM IMMEDIATELY!
- There are a boat-load of really good shows going on this week. Tonight catch Worried Mothers at The Sydney, tomorrow see rad-ass punk rockers Retox at Brother's Lounge or head to the Slowdown for the always amazing St. Vincent, blow out your ears on Wednesday with And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead…at the Slowdown, or head to The Waiting Room to see Warpaint (opening act is Omaha's own Digital Leather) and Thursday you can catch the always entertaining Har Mar Superstar at The Waiting Room. Phew! Seriously, go out and check out some of these shows, you won't regret it!
- Recently, the goddesses over at Hello Holiday posted a link to the best Tumblr page ever created.
- A few of my friends posted this video on Facebook this week, and while it's a bit dorky, it's also pretty badass.
- We've posted about the amazingness that is The French Bulldog a few times here on this blog, but in case we didn't convince you to visit this heavenly spot, we think the ladies over at The Coop will.
- This is incredibly creepy and incredibly cute all at the same time. It makes my brain hurt.
- I think it's pretty well known around here that we're big RuPaul fans. I recently saw this link to a leak of her latest album, but instead of it just being her songs, she's talking over the track explaining why you should just go ahead and buy it on iTunes. RUPAUL YOU CONTINUE TO BE MY HEROINE!
- Even though I complained to all ends about this winter lasting far too long, my love of coats sometimes outweighs my hatred of the wretched cold.
- I heard on the radio this week that some new photos from the scene Kurt Cobain's death were found. I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but in case you're interested, here they are.
This weekend a couple of my dude friends hosted a party - aptly named 'Tis the Saison - where they tapped the Saison they brewed in collaboration with Infusion Brewery in Benson. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but this, this I really liked (and the fact that it was a 10% beer didn't hurt either).