Happy Friday y'all! It's finally warming up outside, so get out of the house this weekend!! That's honestly all I got because I'm so sick of sitting in front of a computer, I'm like the fucking road-runner man, OUTTA HERE. MEEP MEEP.
- IT'S OFFICIALLY FISH FRY SEASON Y'ALL! Here's a list of why Fish Fry's in Omaha are the best around.
- It's spring's innagural First Friday so you know the drill. You can head downtown and walk around to the various galleries. In our personal experience, hit the art before you hit the wine bottle, otherwise you'll never make it.
- If downtown isn't your scene, Benson is always interesting. Here's a rundown of what's going on out there, but we recommend you hit up the Instagrammy's at the Sydney (check out the nominees on that Facebook page before your arrive). The Sweatshop gallery also has a great show by Derek Courtney. Finally, there's some rad live music over at the Barley Street Tavern, mainly go to see Manic Pixie Dream Girls.
- One of our friends does the food for a new-ish theater in the South part of town called The Apollon. Tonight you can catch their latest show - Human Petting Zoo.
- Omaha Fashion Week is wrapping up tonight. New local vintage store Wallflower is making quite the name for itself by debuting a collection during the show and then celebrating later on with an after party.
SATURDAY March 8th
- I think it's about time to bring plants back into my home. This afternoon I'm making a trip to Mullhalls to remedy that.
- Speaking of spring, why not do a little spring cleaning today? Purge those items in your house and/or apartment that haven't been touched in some time and break out those cleaning supplies Danny Tanner!!
- Later on, head down to Bill Hoover's studio to check out Maggie Weber's collection of paintings.
- There's more live performance to be seen tonight at the Bancroft Street Market with The Archæology of Birdsong.
- IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BEEEEAUTIFUL OUT TODAY! Go to one of Omaha's many outdoor parks like Hanscom, Fontanelle Forest, Memorial Park, the Lauritzen or even the zoo!
- Did you catch this review of O'Leaver's in the paper last Thursday? Ugh. That is all, ugh. Go see the real O'Leaver's this afternoon and get your day drink on.
- I really want to make these, but I'm worried I'll eat them all by myself. Methinks maybe I'll have a few lady friends over tonight to partake in the cheesy goodness with me.
If you're looking to lay low this weekend, then be sure to stock up on the essentials…