Hooray for my favorite three days of the week! I am looking forward to some warmer weather and organizing my home because I've been living in a mad house lately. If you're looking for to do something more exciting for me, I still have lots of suggestions for you! As the work week winds down WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.
FRIDAY March 28
- Stop at House of Loom to support a great cause. Local artist Watie White has teamed wtih Habitat from Humanity to take condemned houses in North Omaha and turn them into works of art. HOW COOL IS THAT?! Go early to talk about the project with Watie from 6 - 8, then stay to dance your booty off.
- Go to a rad art show comprised of t-shirts (!!) and then see a cool rock show with the FIlter Kings and the Lupines at the Sweatshop.
- There's a band coming to The Waiting Room tonight called Bear's Den. In our personal opinion, this phenomenon of naming your band after a wild animal has become kind of a nuissance, but Landon Hedges from Little Brazil is opening the show, so there's a potential silver lining.
- It's the last weekend to catch the Omaha Community Playhouse's production of Ella.
- We may not be beer drinkers but we know plenty of 'em, so this one's for you guys: Head to Crescent Moon/Beer Corner USA/Huber Haus, whichever name you prefer for their annual Bockfest!
- Were you lucky enough to grab Neutral Milk Hotel tickets before they sold out? If so, enjoy the show tonight! Lord knows the majority of the town will be there.
- If you weren't quick enough to grab tickets, we suggest you enjoy a relaxing night in a quiet bar like The Trap Room.
- We haven't brunched lately so this week we plan on trying out Dario's brunch, a place neither of us has brunched before! Maybe we'll see you there!
- You guys, it's going to be so freaking nice out today. Grab a bottle of wine, your friends and your pets and find a porch or grassy knoll to hang out on. Your legs will thank you later for finally feeding them some well deserved Vitamin D.
- End the weekend on a high note at open mic night at O'Leavers.