Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Life Through The Looking Glass

This is a project that's been on my "to-do" list for too long. Ever since I saw #2 on this blog post, I immediately knew I needed to try it because my mason jar collection was growing quite large and unused.

You guys, this is such a quick and easy way to display those photos that are taking up all of that space on your phone. I used my home printer, 5 x 7 photo paper and Photoshop Elements to resize the images I wanted to use so I could get the most out of the photo paper itself (because it ain't cheap). My mason jars are Ball half pints, which actually makes them pretty small, but perfect for a project like this.

The size of your images will depend on how large your jars are. In the tutorial that inspired this, they exclusively used square photos (which is why it's a good project for displaying your Instagram photos), but I found my landscape and portrait photos worked too as long as they were large enough to wrap the inside of the jar. If your photo is too small, then it won't really stand up in the jar, creating that snow-globe effect. Really, there's no science to it, you just kind of have to eyeball the size that works. A few of my photos didn't make the cut, so instead I just taped them up in my apartment or on my notebooks with washi tape - waste not, want not, right?




And because I'm a dork, a few of my jars are filled with photos I myself, didn't take.


I ended up putting two or three photos in a few jars which I really ended up liking because it means when you spin the jar itself, you'll see a photo from all angles.


Right now, I'm displaying all of my mason jar photos on the ledge between my kitchen and my living room which is actually the perfect spot for them! Don't you love it when that happens?


So, if you're looking for a quick and fun way to add some personal touches around your home without investing in more picture frames, try this solution! 

No comments:

Post a Comment