Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday Jams #2.14

I'm still in bed recouperating from getting my face melted off last night. Dang Pro-Magnum, you never fail to throw me back into my metal/shredding/stoner rock roots. Sometimes, as we get older, we pretend that we're past loving certain types of music, that we've grown out of it. Personally, while I might cringe as some of the pop-punk I used to listen to 10 years ago, those are also songs that invoke memories of late night drives to Donut Stop or Sokol Underground.
 
I've often  argued with people about having strong opinions, or ones that seem permanent. I'm someone who loves and hates with an immense passion. Of course, some of my opinions change as I age, however some will always remain with me. Tattoos for instance - when people ask, "Well how are you going to feel about having that in 40 years?" my response is always, "Will I loose my sense of humor in 40 years? I don't think so." While some of the decisions we make now may become laughable later in life, these badges of honor are there to remind us where we came from, and hopefully, how far we've come. Sure, my "Don't Stop Me Now" tattoo probably won't look so great when I'm 50, but fuck it, when I was 20 I really loved Queen. And that's the name of that tune.
 
Speaking of tunes...


UUVVWWZ - "Broad Sky Blues"
This is easily one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a long time and it includes some familiar faces!!


The Clash at Demonhead - "Black Sheep"
This is technically a Metric song redone for the movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and I have been OBSESSED with it recently. I can't put my finger on why I love it so much, but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment