Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday Jams #2.16

I thought I'd dedicate our weekly jams post to some Nirvana covers, since the band has recently been trending with their induction into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death. Recently, a few friends and I were talking about whether "kids these days" are even familiar with Nirvana. When you think about it, "oldies" music could be considered anything that's 20 years old or more, so kids might only be aware of Nirvana in an "oldies" arena. Isn't that weird?! Maybe I shouldn't over generalize. I mean I don't talk to a lot of high school aged youths, maybe they're more "with it" than I think.


Manic Street Preachers - "Been a Son"


Jay Reatard - "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle"


Animal Collective - "On A Plain"


Caetano Veloso - "Come As You Are"


The Bad Plus - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"


The Bad Plus - "Lithium"

No comments:

Post a Comment